Monday, June 16, 2008

Bye Bye Texas

My childhood dog, Texas, died today of Cancer. I know it's kind of silly to be emotional over a dog, but Texas was not just any ordinary dog...at least not to me. I got him when I was about 10 years old and he was the only puppy I ever had. He was so special to me and the rest of the family. He lived a long life as he were to turn 14 years old on July 1. We were pretty much expecting it any day now...it is just hard to have another significant thing in my life die of cancer....first my mom, and now Texas. Please be in prayer for my dad as him and Texas were very close...especially after my mom died.

Here is a picture of me, Texas, and my dog Bandit. Texas is the black cocker spaniel.

I'll miss you buddy! You were a good dog and I love you very much!!!

1 comment:

Kristal {Love, Grace & Hope} said...

Aww, Andrea I'm so sorry! It is not silly at all to be emotional about losing your dog. I know for me, my dogs are literally a part of my family!! You're in my thoughts and prayers!