Well, we made it back from Little Rock safe and sound. It was actually a very pleasant drive. We borrowed my in-laws new van so that I could easily get into the back seat to feed Benjamin. When we take one of our cars, we have to pull over so that I can get in the back and it just becomes such a hassle. This time, it was so nice to just climb over and feed him or entertain him when he got bored. Plus, the van has a DVD player in it so I took a video along and sat in the back seat on the way home and watched a movie. It was great.
The appointment went really well. The physical therapist took a scan of his head again and noticed some changes. His head circumference grew 2 inches (which is a lot in a month). He also noticed that the helmet is making his head grow out like it's supposed to. It's going slow but at least there are some changes. The therapist thinks that he will only have to wear it for about 3 or 4 more months. Which is better than the 6-8 that he originally stated. After the appointment, we drove down to the Little Rock River Market and walked around for a bit and then ate lunch at a Chicago-style pizza place called Gusanos. Then, we headed home.
As sad as I am that he has to wear it, I am just very thankful that he does not have any major problems. And I am so thankful that we will be done with the helmet thing in a few months, that it's not something he has to wear for the rest of his life. Our next appointment is Friday October 17.
Tomorrow is the American Idol concert. I'll post pictures when I return!
July Happenings
1 month ago
1 comment:
Sounds great!!:):) And the pix were adorable....he is looking so mature when he stands up!!
Carol
Post a Comment