Tuesday, September 23, 2008

death


At my wedding 7-1-2005


Grandma and Grandpa's 50th wedding anniversary party 3-15-2008

This morning, Brian and I got a call that we honestly weren't expecting. The call was from our sister in law, Andrea, telling us that Brian's grandpa VanAuken passed away this morning. This past January, he had a heart attack and the drs. had said that it would be probably about a year before he would pass away. He made it 9 months. He died peacefully in his sleep.
He was such a wonderful man, a great husband to Joyce, a wonderful father to his kids, an amazing grandfather, and an extraordinary great-grandfather. We will all miss him so much!

We are leaving Thursday evening to drive to Oklahoma City for the funeral on Friday. Please keep us, as well as Brian's whole family, in your prayers as we face this very difficult time.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Praying for you all.

Heidi said...

I am so sorry! I'll be praying for you! let me know if you need anything at all!