Saturday, October 4, 2008

fun fall friday

I love fall. It is my favorite time of year. I love the smell, the colors, the weather...everything. Fall always puts me in a good mood. :-) Brian was home from work yesterday so I decided to make some homemade pumpkin muffins for breakfast. They turned out great and was a great start to my day. We put Benjamin down for a nap and got ready and then had lunch together. After lunch, the three of us drove over to Pea Ridge to the McGarrah Farms to pick pumpkins. I was really wanting to find a farm that had pumpkins to pick in the field and had heard of this farm before. We had a great fall afternoon picking pumpkins, taking pictures, and taking a hayride. Benjamin is still a little too young to really enjoy it, but Brian and I had a great time! :-)

Here's Benjamin with his very first pumpkin



All three of us with our pumpkins


After picking pumpkins we drove home to put the little one down for a nap for a little bit. When he woke up, we dropped him off at Brian's parents house and Brian and I went out for a wonderful evening alone together. He took me to The Pesto Cafe. Neither one of us had ever eaten there and had heard great things about it, so we decided to try it. The food was great! Then we went to see the movie My Best Friends Girl. It wasn't at all what we expected it to be and walked out of the theatre feeling very disappointed. We then went to Bordinos on Dickson Street for some dessert. We had a great evening laughing and talking and enjoyed eachothers company.

I love fall!

No comments: