December is such a busy time of year for us. The first half of the month, Brian is always really busy at work with all the holiday shows they have and then the last half is Benjamin's birthday and Christmas. And then this year, we have Brayden's birthday right after Christmas (his bday is Jan 2). So, I'm not just trying to plan Holiday festivities but I have to throw in 2 birthdays too.
Benjamin's birthday fell on a Sunday this year. So, we celebrated his birthday at preschool with his friends about 5 days before. I brought buzz and woody cupcakes to school to celebrate and he was so excited. Then 2 days later, he had a Christmas party at his school. 2 days after that, we had a Thomas the train themed birthday party for him at the Jones Center.
Christmas day, my dad came over in the morning for breakfast, stockings, and presents. Since my mom died, my dad doesn't get a stocking anymore so I decided this year that I would fill one for him. I think he enjoyed that. We had cimmamon rolls for breakfast and then mostly snacked the rest of the day, until we went to my sisters house for dinner. The boys got so much stuff for Christmas this year and seemed to love everything. At one point, Benjamin still had 3 gifts to open and he said "I don't want to open any more presents." I think he was having too much fun playing with all the new stuff. This was Brayden's first Christmas and I'm not sure he knew what to think of everything. He would pull a little bit of the paper off but he didn't seem too excited like I thought he would. His favorite present is by far his new little kitchen that my in-laws got him. Benjamin's favorite present is his talking buzz lightyear and my favorite present are my Toms. I have been wanting a pair of Toms and was actually surprised when I got them. I have worn them a few times already and they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn.
We had a very good Christmas this year and am looking forward to what the new year has to bring, and celebrating my special little boy's 1st birthday....Where on earth has the time gone???
July Happenings
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment