Last week, I decided that I was ready to start weaning Brayden from breastfeeding. Our pediatrician wants him to be on formula for a few months to get a little bit more iron before we switch to cows milk. So, I slowly started cutting out one feeding a day and replacing it with formula. To my amazement, he did great and took it like a champ. So, now he is completly weaned to formula and gets it 2-3 times a day. Deciding to stop nursing was a bitter-sweet decision for me since I absolutly LOVE nursing but he was still wanting to nurse every 3 hours around the clock and waking up 2-3 times a night. I didn't feel like I had any freedom and I missed my sleep at night. Since being on formula, he can go all night without needing food and I can go out and not worry that he's screaming cause he wants to nurse. It's been so nice and I have enjoyed having my freedom back. I enjoyed nursing him for 12 1/2 months though. He is such a sweet little guy and growing so fast. I look at him and just can't believe he was only 3lbs 2oz. What a little miracle!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment