YAY! BENJAMIN IS FINALLY POTTY TRAINED! Words can't even begin to describe how happy I am that he is no longer in diapers. I have been wanting to potty train him for quite some time but my pediatrician kept saying "don't push him otherwise he won't want to do it." So, I just waited for him to show some signs that he was ready. Well, he wasn't showing any and eveytime I would ask him if he wanted to go potty, he told me no. So, I figured he just wasn't ready. But one day I woke up and felt like
I was ready for him to be out of diapers. I was just so sick of changing his nasty diapers. Not to mention all the kids in his hand in hand class were potty trained and I felt he should be too. So, last Saturday, when we got up, I took him potty. He didn't go and fought me pretty hard. I took him in the potty to try going about every 20-30 min. As the day went on, he didn't fight me as hard. We continued to try sunday as well. Finally Sunday night, he went a tiny bit in the potty. I made a huge deal about it and got super excited. He, however, didn't seem to care. He got to have a popsicle (which I NEVER buy) as a special treat for becoming a big boy. I showed him the Thomas underwear I had for him to see if that would make him want to go. It didn't, of course. So, Monday we kept trying. Later that evening, I took him potty and HE WENT! Like a lot. And he thought it was so cool. I had promised him that he could have a new train when he went potty like a big boy. So, I took him to the toy store at the mall and let him pick out any train he wanted. He had his eye on Spencer for quite some time so that's the one he got! Hes gone in the potty ever since. I have him in underwear during the day and a pull up at night and he's staying dry every day and night. I'm so proud of him. And it's so nice to only have 1 child in diapers!
No comments:
Post a Comment