Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lent

I have never participated in lent before until this year. It's not something I grew up even really knowing much about. Well, I have been wanting to stop drinking pop for some time now. Actually, I've tried. About 5 times. And I failed every time. I always gave in. It's definitely an addiction of mine, as I've been drinking a lot of pop since high school (maybe even middle school). So, for lent I have decided to give up pop, and in place of it, drink water. I know I don't drink enough water so it was a good reason to try to drink more water, too. It's actually been a lot easier than I thought it would be. Not having it in the house has made it especially easy. There have definitely been times when I have craved a tall glass of coke but I do something else to try to not think about it. This is the longest I have gone without pop that I can remember. I'm hoping that even after lent is over, I won't want pop anymore and still just drink water. I still drink a cup or two of coffee in the morning so I'm getting some caffeine to get me through the day but I've cut WAY back. I'm really happy with the way I feel now that I'm drinking more water. And I'm hoping it will help me lose about 10 lbs. ;-) I guess we'll see!

No comments: