It's been a while since I have posted. Here's a quick update on what has been going on in our lives over the past several months.
June:
My brother-in-law, Brady married his beautiful bride, Treva, on June 23rd in Dodge City, KS. So, we headed their for the long weekend. It was a beautiful wedding with the most handsome little ring bearer (Benjamin).
I turned 29 on the 29th. I had to work by my boys sent me some beautiful flowers to work and then had a nice dinner out with my family. It was a wonderful way to celebrate my last year in my 20s.
July:
We celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary on the 1st. Its hard to believe it's been 7 years already. Time flies!
We celebrated our anniversary a few weeks late this year, with the trip of a lifetime. We went to Paris, France! More on that later
August:
August was hot and uneventful. I don't think much happened. Brian was slow at work so he was home a lot, which was very nice. We were in a burn ban and a severe drought so couldn't do much grilling, or much of anything since it was so hot out everyday.
September:
For labor day weekend, we went camping with Brian's family in Oklahoma. The weather actually wasn't too bad, in the shade...We brought our camper, Blake and Andrea borrowed a camper from her uncle and Brady and Treva borrowed a boat from his friend. So, we spent much of the weekend on the lake, boating, skiing, wake boarding and swimming. We were still in a burn ban so we couldn't have camp fires at night but we could grill with a gas grill, so that made it nice. And we were sleeping in an air conditioned camper, so it was perfect!
Right after labor day, Benjamin started preschool at Tendercare in Siloam Springs. He wasn't sure of everything at first. It was a new building he had never been in before, people he had never seen, a teacher he didn't know....but the transition was easy and he LOVES school now. He's made some great friends and everyone is so great there. He's learned how to write his name, letter sounds, and he's starting to pick up on simple addition. He's such a smart little guy and I know he will do great next year in kindergaten.
My dad came home from Afghanistan on the 22nd. The boys and I went to pick him up from the airport and they were all so excited to see each other. I remember my dad coming down the escalator and Benjamin seeing him and running up to him and giving him a big hug. The look on my dad and Benjamin's faces when they saw each other for the first time was priceless! I'm so glad my kids have a special bond with my dad.
October:
October was pretty slow. Just spent a lot of time trying to get my dad adjusted back to US time and helping him get caught up at work.
Fall in the Ozarks is so pretty. I love this time of year around here. All the pretty colors, the mountains, the crisp autumn air. It's beautiful.
So, that's a little update about us over the past week months. it's not letting me post pictures. So, once I get that figured out, I'll post some pictures.
July Happenings
1 month ago
No comments:
Post a Comment