Thursday, August 9, 2012

I'm still here....

I haven't been doing a very good job keeping up with my blog so, I'll try to do a quick update on what we've been doing the past few months.


March happenings:
March wasn't really all that eventful. My kids were sick while I was in Dubai, so we stayed home a lot in March to make sure they didn't catch anything else (Benjamin had strep and Brayden had RSV).
Our nephew Blane celebrated his 8th birthday with a lego party at Pizza Hut so we drove to Wichita to celebrate that. It's always nice to get a little weekend away and the kids love playing with this cousins.


The birthday boy with his cake


Benjamin and Blane

Me with my mother in law and sisters in law.

April happenings:

My husband was pretty busy at work in April so not much happened that month either.

On April 11, my nephew Jude celebrated his 2nd birthday with a Thomas the Train birthday. Unfortunatly, we weren't able to make the trek up to Illinois to celebrate with him.


On April 21, I ran my very first 5k! It was a huge accomplishment for me and one of my goals I set this year. I'm so proud of myself for sticking to it and accomplishing it. I'm running another one in September




After months of searching on the internet and local shops, Brian and I found a pop up that we decided to buy. We found in on craigslist from a guy in the Dallas area. We drove down there at the end of the month to purchase it and pick it up. We have loved it ever since. The previous owner bought it brand new and only used it once so it's practically new. On our way back from Dallas, we wanted to try it out, so we stopped at Lake Texoma and camped for a night. That's when we knew we had made a GREAT decision. We have used it a bunch since then and still love every minute of it.


May Happenings:


My husband is always so swamped at work in May. It's one of his busiest months at work, besides the holiday season. But this year he seemed to have more time off than usual. So, we took advantage of having weekends free.

His birthday is May 13, and he's usually working, but this year he didn't. So, we planned a weekend camping trip with both of my sisters and their kids. My middle sister, Lisa, lives in the Chicago area, so we wanted to go somewhere that was close to halfway so they weren't spending their whole weekend driving to wherever we decided to go. So, we searched around for places in Missouri. We decided on Meramec State Park, which is about an hour outside of St. Louis. It was perfect! It was cold that weekend but we still had a great time. Both of my sisters had just had babies a few months before and I hadn't met Lisa's baby, Kate and Lisa hadn't met Jennifer's baby, Caleb. So, not only were we excited to see each other, we were excited to meet our new niece and nephew. All together we had 15 people. 6 adults and 9 kids. It was loud and crazy but it was so fun. We spent the weekend floating down the river, grilling out, sitting around the campfire, hiking, caving, laughing and fishing. It's something I hope my sisters and I can continue to do every year.


The whole crew. My sister Jennifer and her husband Jaime with their 5 kids: Megan (8), Joshua (5), Sofia (3), Ali (1) and baby Caleb (5 months). My sister Lisa and her husband Steve with their 2 kids: Jude (2) and Kate (3 1/2 months). Myself with my husband Brian and our 2 kids: Benjamin (4) and Brayden (2).


That weekend, the same day as my husbands birthday, was mothers day. Since my mother in no longer alive, there is no one else I'd rather spend mothers day with than the 2 closest woman in my life and 2 mothers I look up to.


The next weekend, we went to Wichita again for my brother in law and soon to be sister in law's wedding shower. My mother in law did a great job decorating for it and planning everything out. It was a wonderful day to celebrate 2 wonderful people. That weekend, we also celebrated Brian's birthday with some of his family and friends in Wichita. We went out for lunch at Cheddars and I ordered an ice cream cake from marble slab. It was fun!


The weekend after that was memorial day. We spent the long weekend camping in Branson. We had a wonderful and relaxing time, just the 4 of us.



Well, that's all for now. I'll post June and July's update soon. Gotta get back to work!

No comments: