Friday, July 4, 2008

vacations, babies, and family...

So, Brian and I just got back yesterday from a wonderful vacation to Dallas, Texas. We wanted to get away for a few days but didn't want to feel the pressure of spending money we really shouldn't be spending. So, we compromised on somewhere close...Dallas. I was really looking forward to the trip because I had never been to Dallas before...just driven through. He's been there but agreed on going again. So, we loaded up the car and the two of us drove to Dallas on Sunday 6/29. It only took us about 4 1/2 hours to get there and we were so happy when we arrived.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words....so, he's 8000 words to some up our trip.

Rangers vs. Phillies game

My birthday present from Benjamin and Brian





The heat at Six Flags made us a little crazy

7/1/08 - 3 WONDERFUL years!

The Dallas Zoo

Rainforest Cafe


Yesterday, I welcomed 2 new additions to my family.
My niece Sofia Isabelle Castaneda was born 7/3/08 at 1:08am. She weighed 5lbs 9.75oz and was 19.5 inches. The dr. induced her labor because Sofia was not growing and they were worried there was a problem.


I also welcomed a new baby cousin to my family.
Rebekah "Bekah" Addison Hargett was born 7/3/08 at 6:26pm. She weighed 8lbs 4 oz and is 21.5 inches long. The dr. induced her labor because Bekah's mommy (Kristen) has had problems with blood clots in the past and didn't want to risk getting another one.



Brian's family is here this weekend to celebrate the 4th of July. They all set off fireworks at Brian's parents house but me and Benjamin came home. I feel like I'm just getting too old to stay out very late. We are having family pictures done in the morning....hope it goes well.

Happy 4th!

No comments: