Tuesday, January 5, 2010

another update

This morning, we spoke with the neonatal intensive care dr. who is taking care of Brayden. He says that he is doing well and breathing great on his own. He thinks that I'll actually get to hold him in a few days! Which makes me so happy. :-) His white blood cell count has been low, so we haven't been able to touch him, but can go into the NICU to see him as much as we want. He hasn't gained or lost any weight, which is good and they will start him slowly on breastmilk in the next few days to see how his tummy reacts to it.
In the meantime, I am still in the hospital but have been able to get around much more today. I have been up walking around quite a bit and was actually able to take a shower today. My dr thinks I may be able to head home tomorrow but honestly, I don't really feel like I'm in any rush to get home. I like being here where I know Brayden is safe and I can see him anytime I want. It's going to get quite a bit harder once we go home.
Benjamin still has not seen his little brother and I don't think he really knows he's a big brother yet. We've talked to him a little bit about it but he just kind of looks at us funny and then goes on with his normal day. I haven't seen the little guy since Saturday and have been missing him so much. I'll get to see him for a little bit this afternoon when Brian brings him up here to the hospital. I think he knows something is up but isn't quite sure what it is. So for now, he is just enjoying being spoiled by his grandparents.
Brian's mom and dad got here Sunday afternoon and it's been nice to have them here to help with Benjamin and with things around the house. My father-in-law will go home on Thursday but my mother-in-law is going to stay until Saturday and ride home with Brian's little brother Brady when he gets here tomorrow. Brian's other brother, Blake and his wife Andrea came into town first thing Sunday morning and left to go home Monday afternoon. They will return at a later time when Brayden is home and healthy.

We are all doing well and just praying that the Lord continues to watch over Brayden and help him grow to be a strong, healthy little boy. We are very much looking forward to bringing him home in a few weeks. I'll post pictures as soon as I can

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear you're doing good as well as Brayden. I can't wait to see what he looks like!

Katie said...

It's great to have good news! Sounds like you are doing awesome, considering what you've been through the last 3 days! So happy you have finally been able to see the little guy and I'll keep praying for baby Brayden to get stronger and sweet Benjamin as he undoubtedly misses his momma while you heal :)Love you cousin! SO GLAD THAT GGOD IS GOOD!!! :)

Jayme Soller said...

So glad you are feeling well enough to get up and walk around, C-Sections are rough. Still praying for Baby Brayden, hopefully he will take the breastmilk like a champ and start gaining weight. I'm glad to hear that he is still breathing on his own, he is a tough little guy :) Let me know if I can do anything for you!!

Egret & Ibis said...

Praying with you guys, too. Glad to hear good news. Hope your strength and positive outlook stays with you! Let me know if there's anything we can do for you...