I know it's been a couple weeks since I last posted. Sorry. Brayden is getting stronger and bigger everyday...Praise the Lord! He weighs 3 lbs 13 oz now. He is getting just breast milk through his feeding tube and is up to 32cc's every 3 hours (a little over an ounce). So, he's getting about 8 ounces a day, which is incredible! He's doing much better with being able to digest his food on his own. They have had to give him a few enima's to help him along with his bowel movements but he seems to be able to do it on his own now. I spoke with Dr. Cheadle, his neonatologist, and he thinks that Brayden will be able to go off the nasal canula by next week! :-) I'm so excited to be able to see his little face without cords coming out everywhere! And, best news of all, I've started breast feeding him now. Today was the first time that we tried it and he did great! He latched on right away and nursed for a good 7 or 8 minutes, which the nurses say is great for his first time! Dr. Cheadle wants us to try it a couple times a day until he's able to get a complete feeding and then we will increase the number of times I nurse him until he's taking all of his feeds 100% from me! :-) Dr. Cheadle also thinks that Brayden will be able to come home in about 2 1/2 weeks! I'm just so ready for him to be home.
Well, that's all for now!
July Happenings
1 month ago
3 comments:
That is such great news!! I'm praying for you all!!
Yeah!!!!!!!
Andi~
I am SOOO happy that Brayden is doing so well and that you are getting more time to bond with him. It made me cry when I read about you only being able to hold him for minutes each day. I can't imagine not holding Caleb. He had bowel issues too when he was born, so it is not an uncommon problem for even a full-term baby I'm told... I am so glad that God is helping him to be a strong healthy boy! And yippee on him coming home soon! I will hopefully be down late Feb, so maybe I can stay a night and help you out with things if Brian has to work late or something. Love you!! And SOOO happy to hear his progress! :)
Post a Comment