Monday, January 11, 2010

Over the past few days

I feel like, since having another baby, life has gotten so crazy for us. Maybe it's the juggling of spending our time going back and forth from the hospital to home. Or constantly updating our family and friends on how Brayden is doing. All while trying to keep things as normal as possible for Benjamin. God has certainly been with us during this time, there's no doubt about that.
I feel like Brayden has made a lot of progress since my last post. He is now in an isolette bed instead of the heated bed. His jaundice has pretty much cleared up so he no longer has the bili lights on him. He has also been taken off of the mask over his nose and is just using a nasal canula. He's breathing the same air that we breathe, but the nasal canula just gives him a little extra push in case he needs it. They have also increased his breast milk feedings to 7ccs every 4 hours (which is a little over a teaspoon). In my last post, i mentioned that he was having some bowel issues and trouble digesting his food. But he seems to be doing better with that and having bowel movements on his own. And the best update of all.....I have been able to hold him for the past 2 days. They only let me hold him for about 30 minutes at a time but it's better than not being able to hold him at all. I love just holding him in my arms with his little head against my chest. It's the best 30 minutes of my whole day.




Brian has returned to work this week so I'm trying to find a good balance in resting, taking care of Benjamin, and seeing Brayden at the hospital. My dad has been coming over to help me with Benjamin and drive me around where I need to go, since I'm still not able to drive from my surgery. I had my staples removed last week and have another drs appointment scheduled for Thursday. If my blood work and blood pressure seem good, then I'll be able to go off all the medication I'm on and return to my "normal" life. I'm also planning on going back to work next week and then will take the rest of my maternity leave when Brayden comes home.

Well, that's all for now. I'll try to update again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I'm SO glad your dad's back so that he can help take care of you.

Jenn said you're getting lots of meals from friends -- YEAH! :)

We have congestion and runny noses going around our house -- so we're staying away for now. We don't want to bring anything that would jeopardize you getting to spend those precious moments with Brayden -- just want to make sure you know that we love you! :)

Sending lots of love and prayers your way!

Kris